- Managed Object - A piece of equipment or service, operated by Service Activation
- Profile - A representations of equipment class containing equipment capabilities and behavior specifics. (See Device Support for a list of profiles)
- Access scheme - Transport application protocol used to access equipment (Telnet, SSH, HTTP)
- SAE - Service Activation Engine. A hearth of sa module. Separated process responsible for dispatching tasks between activators.
- Activator - Separate processes responsible for mediation with equipment.
- Network Domain - Logically, Physically or Administratively separated part of network.
Examples: VRF, LAN behind NAT, city’s part of network, etc. Direct communication between Network Domains is not necessary.